Welcome, and Grüezi!
I’m delighted you’re here and share an interest in Switzerland and travel in general!
My name is Silvia and I grew up in Zürich and Davos, Switzerland, until my mid twenties. Marriage and wanderlust took me to Canada where I’ve now lived both east and west in this beautiful country for thirty-five years.
As a writer, editor and self-taught photographer and with my three daughters at university and beyond, I’m taking the time to re-discover my country of birth.
When I started this website nearly two years ago, I focused on Switzerland. Slowly, I’m starting to add some other destinations. As always, everything you read here I’ve experienced myself and I’m very enthusiastic to share this incredible diversity with you!
- Fascinating stories about people, their country & culture, traditions & craftsmanship
- lesser known & some famous destinations, each with an eye to detail
- architecture, food, music & the arts
- accommodations and places to eat that have extra special flair
- and for the expat Swiss community around the globe a little bit of Swiss nostalgia, including some articles in German.
In short: this is a growing collection of genuine, thoughtful, one-of-a-kind snapshots mostly about Switzerland with some other destinations added in. Light hearted stories, intermingled with important stories that are more serious.
Sign up for the free quarterly Newsletter, follow along on the Facebook page and get in touch by leaving me a comment here or under the Contact tab.
It is my sincere hope that you will enjoy this website and engage with your comments.
Safe & joyous travels!
P.S. This is Sari, my ginger cat & writing assistant. Sari is great company and worth her purr by putting down her paw, reminding me to get her dinner!